By Heath on Saturday, March 7th 2015
For all newcomers, welcome! StratSketch is an application for the popular game, World of Tanks. It enables teams to communicate better by creating map strategies, in real time, using the tools provided. StratSketch was born as an internal tool when our clan was tired of other buggy and inconvenient tools, but will be completed and released to everyone!
For others coming from our clan website, there have been many improvements to StratSketch since the last development update. This post will outline the new features and what is to come. (StratSketch is about 90% complete!)
- All tools implemented. (With multi-user support)
- A guest system has been designed so guests can easily join without an account. (Although required to save and favorite briefings)
- A chat system, supporting markdown formatting, has been completed.
- A status bar showing the current room ID and allowing it to be copied has been added.
- New maps their minimaps have been added.
- Spawn points have been implemented.
- The application now has a bit more “responsive” design, where it will dynamically resize to show different details depending on the screen resolution.
- Overall, the visual experience has been made more consistent, animations have been added, performance has increased greatly, and many smaller features have been added.
StratSketch is now 90% complete, only a few more features remain:
- User permission system, allowing the room owner to assign ranks to others so they can edit.
- Saving/loading of map data. (Somewhat implemented)
- Security and performance testing and fixes. (Which will lead into beta testing)
- Server upgrade!
That's it for now, stay tuned for further updates and the opening of our public beta!